Mustang Wheel Tubs
We are lucky enough to carry the Autoworks Parts mini tub kit for your Mustang 1964 1/2 to 1970 that will allow you to fit 20x8.5" or 18x10" wheels on the back of your Mustang. (Wider wheels may be possible depending on backspacing of wheels and rear end width). Works great on Falcons and later Mustangs too from what our customers have told us.
This heavy 16g "Made in the USA" sheet metal wheel tub kit replaces your stock inner wheel house and gives more room during articulation, thus allowing larger wheels without having to sacrifice your back seat or do any messy cutting of the frame rails. Standard inner housings have a shape that restricts wheel size, our kit alleviates that by squaring it off and adding depth that extends to the frame rail. Installation is straight forward and will require cutting and welding. Fabrication is required. We suggest professional installation or advanced home builder, we can walk you through the install process if you want to do it your self.
1. 65-66 Interior quarter panels may need minor massaging to fit in place.
2. Fabrication may be required for Trunk Hinge lower support bracket.
Remember, it's always a good idea to trim the fender clips to assure maximum wheel clearance, but be sure not to cut into factory spot welds.
- May require some interior modification
- This product does require cutting, welding, and fabrication
- Make sure this installation does not exceed your skill level. if so, you can purchase the Wheel Tub Kit from us, then take them to your favorite customization shop for installation.
- Tech support will be given by Autoworks Parts (tech line 619-569-1574)